Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Vegan Booze

Is your drink vegan friendly?

Some alcohols contain these following animal products:
isinglass from sturgeon fish bladders
gelatin, an animal derivative (also found in gummy bears)
albumin from eggs, dried blood, or casein/potassium caseinate (from milk products)
glyceryl monostearate, an anti-foaming agent that may be an animal derivative
pepsin, a heading agent that may be derived from pork
sugar, which may whitened using bone char
 
Other additional ingredients may include:
flavorings
caramel
honey
lactose
colorings
preservatives

Some vegan friendly alcohols include:
Captain Morgan's Rum
Absolut Vodka
Blue Moon Beer

Please see Barnivore for a complete list of vegan friendly alcohols.

1 comment:

Leesa Chau said...

By the way, I don't drink. I have been known to take a few sips to try alcohol, but in general, I don't drink. It's not healthy for you and I don't like how it makes me feel after the buzz wears off.