Sunday, April 10, 2011

Simply Food April Specials

What's your favorite dish at Simply Food? I love the Friday Special, Thai Curry. It is thick and chunky like a stew, the flavor is rich with the sweetness of pumpkin and coconut milk and mildly savory and spicy. I usually order this without the brown rice, as an order of soup, because I am limiting my starches. However, ordering it with brown rice is very tasty as the brown rice soaks up the curry sauce, and the chewiness of the brown rice allows the tastes to mix and linger very nicely your mouth. Delicious!

Simply Food is offering a new soup this month, Spicy Korean Soup on Tuesdays. Try it with the Tuesday special, Vegetable Wrap with a side of Yellow Rice. All specials are only $6.95, plus $2.75 to add soup or small salad. This is a good portion size for the price at the longest standing vegetarian eatery, and one of the best deals for lunch on Guam.
Five things I love about Simply Food:
  • Delicious and affordable vegetarian lunch (ask for vegan)
  • Unique frozen or nonperishable vegetarian items in the food store.
  • Make new vegan, vegetarian, and health conscious veggie lovers
  • A meeting place to run into old friends
  • Friendly and helpful staff who are usually vegetarian and vegan
Simply Food is open for lunch Mon-Sat, with lunch ending at 2 pm, and the store closes at 6pm. For more information, call the friendly staff at 472-2382.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Yum! I love the curry as well, and now that you've got me thinking about it, I may have to stop in on Friday.

The are closed Saturday, though!

Dmarie said...

looks great! too bad I am in Kentucky and cannot make the trip...I'm working my way toward becoming a vegetarian and could use the ideas/support venue!