Friday, January 11, 2013

Homemade Coconut Yogurt



For me, breakfast is usually the same as lunch or dinner. But I just discovered a new raw recipe for homemade coconut yogurt from Jenny, a woman who loves the bounty that Guam has to offer. Now I can have fruit parfaits, smoothies, etc. It's easy, delicious, raw, and so good for you!

Ingredients:

Probiotic powder (from probiotic capsule)
Manha (young coconut meat)
coconut water (buko juice)

1. Blend manha till smooth.  Add coconut water till desired consistency.
2. Add probiotic powder; for every four cups of blended manna it takes two probiotic capsules. Lightly blend.
3. Place in a glass container and incubate in room temperature for 5 hours. 

"And wallla, you get smooth tangy dairy less yogurt! I really like in my morning smoothies!"
-Jenny Chargualaf Coffman

Thanks Jenny, for this great recipe!


Photo credits

2 comments:

Drea said...

Thanks for sharing! Where can we get probiotic powder?

Leesa Chau said...

You can make probiotic water by opening a probiotic pill and adding it to water or buko juice. I read that you can make probiotic water by fermenting cabbage, but I don't have the specifics on that. I don't know of a commercial probiotic water, but you might check simply foods for it.