Monday, May 4, 2009

Colors RED Restaurant

Knowing that I would be going to the Colors Red Restaurant for Santy's birthday dinner, I called in advance to ensure that I would be able to eat there. To my surprise, Red has fine dining options for vegans.

Chinese style steamed rice buns were offered instead of the usual bread before dinner. That was soft and sweet, reminding me of dim sum from Honolulu.  For the entree, I had the garlic roasted tofu steak with sauteed enrigi mushrooms.  Steaming soy ginger vegetable broth was added fresh to the dish by our server.  I loved the attention to detail. The tofu steak was divine!

For dessert, there are no vegan options on the menu, but award-winning Pastry Chef Paul Cordero whipped up a coconut tapioca with pineapple sorbet just for me. It was naturally sweet because of the coconut milk and the small chunk of pineapple were very lovely with the tapioca. The pineapple sorbet was softened with the coconut cream and tapioca. It was very enjoyable. Of all the desserts ordered that night, my friends enjoyed my vegan dessert the most!

Executive Chef Eddie Chien (formerly of Roy's Restaurant) will prepare full course vegan dinners if you call in advance. I love a chef who can rock the veg with creativity in a snazzy and upscale way. The contemporary and sophisticated atmosphere is wonderful with exceptional service and live jazz music with local superstar Patrick Palomo & friends.

I would never turn down a chance to eat there again!

 Red is located in Acanta Mall in Tumon. Please call 647-2557 for reservations and visit their website at http://www.colorsred.com/.

Happy Birthday Santy!

4 comments:

Eddie Chien said...

Dear sir:

Thank you for the comments and it was a pleasure cooking for you and your party. Looking forward to your next visit and my most sincere thanks again

Eddie Chien

Eddie Chien said...

it was a pleasure to serve you and i sincerely thank you for those comments.

Look forward to your next visit

Eddie Chien

Black Jack said...

From the staff and management of RED we thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for all your kind words.

Both Chef Eddie and Raul send their regards as well.

Sincerely,

Kaz Endo
Owner

Black Jack said...

From the staff and management of RED we thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for all your kind words.

Both Chef Eddie and Raul send their regards as well.

Sincerely,

Kaz Endo
Owner